Prof. Ivo Couckuyt
Prof. dr. ir. Ivo Couckuyt is an Assistant Professor at the Internet and Data Science Lab (IDLab) of the Department of Information Technology (INTEC), at Ghent University, Belgium. At the same time, he is affiliated with imec, a world-leading R&D and innovation hub in nanoelectronics and digital technologies.
He leads the Data-efficient Machine Learning for engineering research effort of the Surrogate Modelling (SUMO) cluster in IDLab at Ghent University, Belgium. He has built a research career in surrogate modeling, surrogate-based optimization, and physics-informed Artificial Intelligence for complex engineering problems, including techniques such as Bayesian optimization, and Gaussian processes. Surrogate models, or digital twins, are fast-running approximations that mimic the complex behavior of a system, and they can be used for various engineering tasks, including design, modeling, optimization, uncertainty quantification, and control.
- Surrogate modeling (SUMO)
- Data-efficient machine learning (DE-ML)
- Explainable machine learning (X-ML)
- Automation in Machine Learning (AutoML)
- Physics-informed machine learning
- Design space exploration and optimization
- Model-based active learning